Information for Scientific Authors Editing & Proofreading Services for Companies & Businesses Students of the English Language
Proofreading Manuscripts FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions Special Offers Translation Box Currency Converter
PRS Proofreading Services is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
PRS Proofreading Services may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is current and was updated and became newly effective as of 01 July 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title and/or educational facility and location
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as country, postcode, preferences and interests
• Content of text, documents, manuscripts and the like submitted for our services
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers and promotions
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to service your requirements and to better understand your needs and to provide you with our best of service and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• To assist you with your requirements and above all with regard to your understanding and learning and mastering of the English language.
• We may use any or all of the information submitted to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers and/or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, mail, or in person. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, you may indicate or inform us that you do not want the information to be used by anybody or for PRS Proofreading Services to direct market PRS Special Promotions.
• If you have previously agreed for us to use your personal information for PRS Proofreading Services to direct market PRS Special Promotions, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or by contacting us.
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to anyone at all unless we are required to do so by law. We will never reveal your personal information to any third parties.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
PRS PROOFREADING SERVICES
Helping You To Write Perfect English
The Complete Service for Proofreading, Copy Editing, and Correcting English Writing
Proofreading Manuscripts FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions About Proofreadings Special Offers Translation Box Currency Converter
American English Spellings vs. British English Spellings Newsletter Top 20 Grammar Mistakes By Authors Needing A Rewrite
PRS "Best English" Grammar Skills Competition Time...........Have A Go!............Win A Prize!
NEW! PRS Teaching English Grammar NEW!